What is it like to work at your company? If I do business with your company, will I like the people I deal with? Job candidates, prospective customers or partners, even potential investors — they all want to know what it’s really like inside your company’s everyday operations. Your employees may be the most impactful barometer people have when it comes to evaluating your company. According to the 2021 Edelman Trust Barometer, regular employees (53%) are trusted more than CEOs (44%).
Employee spotlights let your employees tell the story about their experiences at your company to more people, sharing their perspective on what it’s like to work there in their authentic voice. Here are just three fantastic ways employee spotlights positively impact your business.
Amp up recruiting with employee spotlights
In a highly competitive job market, showcasing why candidates should put your company at the top of their list can really make you stand out. Video employee spotlights paint a personal picture of the culture and day-to-day work experience for candidates that want to visualize their future there. Bonus points if you can include footage of them working and other candid scenes. Before a candidate even starts, they’ll feel like they know a few of their colleagues!
Demonstrate recognition with employee spotlights
Employee retention isn’t always about compensation, and recognition at work is one reason employees often cite for choosing to leave a job. In fact, 74% of employees in a survey expressed a desire for more recognition for their work (Achievers, via Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)). Spotlighting employees with video can be a strong component of a robust employee recognition program, showing everyone that company leadership recognizes and values individual contributions. They can also help foster connections and inspire employees with what a colleague has accomplished.
Boost brand and marketing impact with employee spotlights
Buy decisions can often come down to which company a buyer thinks will be more enjoyable to work with. Here, too, your employees may be among your most engaging influencers. Sharing video employee spotlights in your marketing channels can strengthen your company’s story and support your brand and marketing programs. Plus, an employee’s friends and family will often share their video through their own social media, giving your company even greater visibility.
How to turn employee spotlights into a business booster using Socialive
From job candidates to potential customers, everyone wants to work with a company that has employees who are engaged, connected, productive and fulfilled. Video employee spotlights are an ideal way to share these employee stories. To make the most of employee spotlights you need an easy way to create a rich and vibrant library of employee content that you can build over time.
We’ve democratized the production of studio-quality video so everyone on your team can work together to quickly produce branded, immersive employee spotlights that inspire, inform and engage. Socialive’s all-in-one enterprise video content creation platform lets you:
- Create compelling and authentic employee spotlight videos with cloud-based video production, mixing live and pre-recorded content with dynamic layouts and branded graphic content so everything looks professional and consistent
- Capture HD video and audio content from anywhere — straight from your phone, tablet or desktop browser. Socialive’s remote recording capabilities ensure the highest quality content possible
- Streamline content management with the ability to securely capture, store and access HD video in your cloud-based recordings library. No manual file transfer required
- Interact with employees through live question-and-answer sessions
- Collaborate behind the scenes during video recording, sharing talking points and other direction through a virtual Green Room
- Repurpose content into snackable clips to share on internal channels and even external channels in support of talent acquisition programs as well as internal communications and brand and marketing programs
- Address employee communication preferences by broadcasting simultaneously to multiple channels
Your employees have fantastic stories to share about your company and their experiences working there. Discover how we can help you turn up the volume on your employee spotlights to drive business results.
Video-first solutions for the modern PeopleOps team
Key video trends shaping the future of employee engagement