Quarterly earnings calls may be routine for publicly-traded companies, but they represent one of the most strategic communications methods for influencing investor relations — specifically the analysts, investors, and journalists who attend the briefings. An earnings call is the ideal platform for a company to control its message and showcase its track record in execution, promote its forward-thinking strategy, and manage expectations around performance.
Set up your CEO for success
In particular, how an analyst perceives a CEO’s presentation can have an outsized impact on how investors and the media evaluate a company. According to S&P Global Market Intelligence, shares of companies with CEOs who make liberal use of positive words when describing financials during earnings calls outperform other companies by as much as 9% per year (via CNBC). Clearly, how a CEO delivers the company messaging on an earnings call can pay huge dividends.
Challenges in preparing an earnings call
The timing between closing the books on a quarter and reporting on performance is often tight, making it difficult to create a polished, professional earnings call that elevates your company and positively impacts investors.
There’s a lot that goes into it such as:
- Creating the story and integrating content from multiple sources and types, such as charts from Finance or video clips from Marketing
- Ensuring consistent branding across all components
- Coordinating with your C-suite team to prepare and present, whether they are in the office, traveling, or working from remote locations
- Managing all the technology required to ensure the highest audio and visual presentation quality
- Making sure everyone stays on point during the call
- Capturing the call and making it easily available on demand
All the moving parts must come together smoothly, or you risk missing the mark and leaving a negative impression on the people with the most influence on your company’s stock performance.
How to create impactful CEO earnings calls and briefings with Socialive
To execute a flawless earnings call or briefing that shines light on CEO leadership and company performance, you need a solution to streamline and elevate how you create, produce, and present the event.
At Socialive, we’ve made it simple and quick to create professional video. Everyone who contributes to preparing for your earnings call, regardless of video expertise, can work together in one platform to create branded, immersive experiences that inspire, inform and engage viewers.
Socialive’s end-to-end video creation platform powers enterprise teams to:
- Livestream engaging earnings calls and CEO briefings with cloud video production, including easy-to-set layouts that mix and match live, recorded, and screen share video with graphics and branding to keep it professional and consistent
- Record high-quality video and audio content from anywhere — straight from your phone, tablet or desktop browser — Socialive’s remote recording capabilities ensure the highest quality content possible from any place with any device
- Record your broadcast live-to-tape so that the call maintains its authentic presentation but with the ability to edit and audit for compliance before sharing
- Manage talent behind the scenes during recordings or livestreams and collaborate with presenters in a Virtual Green Room
- Reach the widest audience possible by livestreaming simultaneously to multiple channels in a simulcast
- Streamline content management with the ability to record, store, and then grant access to all video content in a secure, centralized recordings library — automatically transferred after each session
Our video creation platform is the fastest, easiest way to create, livestream, and publish your earnings call. Learn how we can help you elevate your CEO earnings calls and briefings today.