Gallup’s annual State Of The Global Workplace report states that a staggering 85% of employees are either not actively engaged or actively disengaged at work. When your workforce is distributed — whether all remote or hybrid — employee engagement poses especially unique challenges.
Video conference calls have served as a stop gap for many, but the novelty of custom video call backgrounds and humorous on-screen annotations wears off all too quickly. Seventy-six percent of professionals in a recent study say they regularly participate in virtual meetings, spending 30% or more of their data on camera. Additionally, 38% report that they have experienced video call fatigue (Robert Half).
If you want to break out of the team video meeting doldrums, consider hosting a virtual company game show for your next meeting or event instead.
What is a virtual company game show?
Imagine a popular game show like “Jeopardy,” “Family Feud” or “Wheel of Fortune” — totally customized to your own company and delivered through the video screens of your audience.
With a virtual company game show, you can create fun, immersive experiences that engage and entertain. Company game shows help you nurture deeper relationships and foster teamwork when you are unable to gather in person.
How can I produce a virtual company game show?
The good news is that you don’t need a sound stage or a studio, lots of equipment and a great deal of time and money to produce a virtual company game show. If you have a robust video content creation platform, you may already have most of what you need. Here’s how you can get started:
- Plan the content that will be used in the game show, such as questions, answers, challenges and more.
- TIP: You can use your show content to reinforce company messaging. For example, your company tagline might become the phrase on your version of “Wheel of Fortune,” or you could create a “Jeopardy” category about your company values or products.
- Decide how you will combine live video or pre-recorded content with interactive content to create the most immersive experience.
- TIP: Consider how dispersed your audience will be and plan for ways to keep their interest engaged.
- Cast a show host from your company ranks.
- TIP: Consider hiring outside talent such as a professional host or celebrity to increase participation and interest.
- Invite employees, partners or customers to participate as contestants.
- TIP: You can invite a team, a division or a whole company. With larger audiences, consider how you can keep everyone involved in the fun throughout the event.
- Simulcast your event across multiple channels so everyone can participate.
How Socialive helps you deliver the wow factor with a virtual company game show
With Socialive’s all-in-one enterprise video content creation platform, you get everything you need to produce high-quality, branded, immersive virtual company game shows that engage and excite viewers. You can use Socialive to:
- Plan your event in advance and easily create dynamic and engaging content with cloud-based video production, including preset workflows to mix and match live, pre-recorded and screen share video with dynamic layouts, branded graphics and live commentary
- Capture HD video and audio content from anywhere — straight from your phone, tablet or desktop browser
- Repurpose content in multiple ways and streamline content management with the ability to capture, store and access HD video in a secure, centralized cloud-based recordings library. No manual file transfer required
- Collaborate behind the scenes with your game show talent, manage presenters and share talking points through a virtual Green Room
- Reach the widest audience by broadcasting simultaneously to multiple channels
- Repurpose segments of your event to share in marketing, sales and training programs, extending the life and value of your content
Even better news: Socialive is the fastest, easiest way to create, broadcast and distribute video content of all kinds, including company game shows, training events, fireside chats and more. Whether you need to increase employee engagement, build stronger teams, improve training or just host beautifully produced events live and on demand, we’re ready to help.