Gallup’s 2021 State Of The Global Workplace report stated that a staggering 85% of employees are either not actively engaged or actively disengaged at work. When your workforce is distributed — whether all remote or hybrid — employee engagement poses especially unique challenges.
Video conference calls have served as a stopgap for many, but the novelty of custom video call backgrounds and humorous on-screen annotations wears off all too quickly. More than 70% of professionals in a recent study said they regularly participate in virtual meetings, spending 30% or more of their day on camera. Additionally, 38% report that they have experienced video call fatigue (Robert Half).
If you want to break out of the team video meeting doldrums, consider hosting a virtual company game show for your next meeting or event.
What is a virtual company game show?
Imagine a popular game show like “Jeopardy,” “Family Feud,” or “Wheel of Fortune” — totally customized to your own company and delivered through your employees' work devices.
With a virtual company game show, you can create fun, immersive experiences that engage and entertain. Company game shows help you nurture deeper relationships and foster teamwork when you are unable to gather in person.
How can I create a virtual company game show?
The good news is that you don’t need a sound stage or a studio, lots of equipment, or a great deal of time and money to create and livestream a virtual company game show. If you have a robust video content creation platform, you may already have most of what you need. Here’s how you can get started:
- Plan the content that will be used in the game show, such as questions, answers, challenges, and more.
- TIP: Your show content can reinforce company messaging. For example, your company tagline might become the phrase on your version of “Wheel of Fortune,” or you could create a “Jeopardy” category about your company values or products.
- Decide how you will combine live video or pre-recorded content with interactive content to create the most immersive experience.
- TIP: Consider how dispersed your audience will be and plan for ways to keep their interest engaged.
- Cast a show host from your company ranks.
- TIP: Consider hiring outside talent, such as a professional host or celebrity, to increase participation and interest.
- Invite employees, partners, or customers to participate as contestants.
- TIP: You can invite a team, a division, or a whole company. With larger audiences, consider how you can keep everyone involved in the fun throughout the event.
- Simulcast your event across multiple channels so everyone can participate live.
Deliver the wow factor with a virtual company game show in Socialive
With Socialive’s end-to-end video creation platform, businesses get everything needed to create, produce, and livestream professional-quality, branded, immersive virtual company game shows that engage and excite viewers. You can use Socialive to:
- Set up your livestream in advance and easily create a dynamic, engaging show with cloud video production, using preset workflows to mix and match live, pre-recorded, and screen share video with dynamic layouts, branded graphics, and live commentary
- Record HD video and audio content from anywhere — straight from your phone, tablet or desktop browser — that can be used as a hint, cameo, or intro for your game show
- Repurpose content in multiple ways and streamline content management with the ability to capture, store and access HD video in a secure, centralized cloud-based recordings library — all your content and livestreams are automatically recorded and uploaded to the library
- Collaborate behind the scenes with your game show talent, manage presenters, and share talking points through a Virtual Green Room
- Reach the widest audience by livestreaming broadcasts simultaneously to multiple channels
- Repurpose segments of your event to share in marketing, sales, and training programs, extending the life and value of your content
Even better news: Socialive is the fastest, easiest, and most cost-effective way to create, livestream, and share video content of all kinds, including company game shows, training events, fireside chats, and more. Whether you need to increase employee engagement, build stronger teams, improve training or just host beautifully produced events live and on-demand, we’re ready to help.