Most people love a cute cat video, or maybe even a hundred cute cat videos. If you consider how much time you (or people you know, if you’d rather not get personal) spend online, it’s not surprising that most people are spending more time with digital media. Adults in the U.S. are currently topping out at an average of 13 hours and 21 minutes per day (eMarketer via Business Insider).
When you dig into these numbers, time spent with traditional media like television and print is declining as more and more people favor content from social media, streaming and on-demand providers. Understanding these trends can illuminate new opportunities for businesses to reach and engage audiences.
How shifting media consumption trends impact B2B
Increasingly, these same shifts are happening at work, with people preferring the same digital media content and experiences in business that they consume in their personal lives. It’s expected that 80% of the B2B buyer’s journey will occur in digital channels by 2025 (Gartner). During that journey, buyers typically consume a dozen or more pieces of content, frequently interact with multiple stakeholders in the buying process and move forward in non-linear patterns that are hard to predict.
For businesses, these shifts in preferences for digital programming and consumption require new, innovative ways to attract and engage buyers online.
What is digital programming?
Digital programming gives buyers the informational and entertaining content they want, whenever they want it and in the ways they want to consume it. It covers a broad range of options, including livestreaming virtual and hybrid events and meetings, shoppable videos, how-to-videos, town hall events, and digital libraries filled with on-demand and streaming video content. The list is only limited to your vision.
Adopting a comprehensive digital programming focus to tell a story that weaves throughout multiple digital channels can attract new audiences, increase awareness and affinity for your brand, improve engagement and convert people into fans that continue to do business with you for years to come.
How to produce high-quality digital programming fast, and at scale with SocialiveMany business leaders assume digital programming requires a lengthy timeline, a hefty investment to build a video studio, expensive equipment and a staff of experts. But at Socialive, we’ve democratized the production of studio-quality video, empowering everyone from video producers to marketing staff to easily produce branded, immersive experiences that inspire, inform and engage viewers.
Socialive’s all-in-one enterprise video content creation platform lets you:
- Capture HD video and audio content from anywhere — straight from your phone, tablet or desktop browser. Socialive’s remote recording capabilities ensure the highest quality content possible
- Create dynamic and engaging content with cloud-based video production, including preset workflows to mix and match live, pre-recorded and screen share video with dynamic layouts and branded graphics
- Manage and collaborate behind the scenes with presenters and other talent through a virtual Green Room
- Reach the widest audience by broadcasting simultaneously to multiple channels
- Streamline content management with the ability to capture, store and access HD video in a secure, centralized cloud-based recordings library. No manual file transfer required
- Repurpose content in multiple ways to share in marketing, sales and training programs and more so you can extend the life and value of your content
Learn how we can help you get started with your digital programming and entertainment today.