Most people love a cute cat video, or maybe even a hundred cute cat videos. If you consider how much time you (or people you know, if you’d rather not get personal) spend online, it’s not surprising that most people are spending more time with digital media. On average, adults in the U.S. are online for well over 13 hours per day (eMarketer via Business Insider).
When you dig into these numbers, time spent with traditional media like television and print is declining as more and more people favor content from social media, streaming, and on-demand providers. Understanding these trends can illuminate new opportunities for businesses to reach and engage audiences.
B2B benefits from shifting media habits
Increasingly, these same shifts are happening at work, with people preferring the same digital media content and experiences in business that they consume in their personal lives.
It’s expected that 80% of the B2B buyer’s journey will occur in digital channels by 2025 (Gartner). During that journey, buyers typically consume a dozen or more pieces of content, frequently interact with multiple stakeholders in the buying process and move forward in non-linear patterns that are hard to predict.
For businesses, these shifts in preferences for digital entertainment and consumption require new, innovative ways to attract and engage buyers online.
What is digital entertainment programming?
Digital entertainment programming gives buyers the informational and entertaining content they want, whenever they want it, and in the ways they want to consume it. It covers a broad range of options, including livestreaming virtual and hybrid events and meetings, recorded shoppable videos, recorded how-to-videos, live town hall events, and digital libraries filled with on-demand and livestreamed video content. The list is only limited to your vision.
Adopting a comprehensive digital programming focus to tell a story that weaves throughout multiple digital channels can attract new audiences, increase awareness and affinity for your brand, improve engagement, and convert people into fans that continue to do business with you for years to come.
Create unparalleled digital entertainment with Socialive
Many business leaders assume creating digital entertainment requires a lengthy timeline, a hefty investment to build a video studio, expensive equipment, and a staff of experts. But at Socialive, we’ve democratized the creation of professional-quality video, empowering everyone from video producers to marketing staff to easily create branded, immersive digital entertainment videos that inspire, inform, and engage viewers.
Socialive’s end-to-end video creation platform powers the enterprise to:
- Record crisp video from anywhere — straight from your phone, tablet or desktop browser — Socialive’s remote recording capabilities ensure the highest quality possible
- Edit dynamic and engaging videos with our drag-and-drop editor, which includes preset layouts to mix and match recorded videos, screen share videos, and add branded graphics
- Manage and collaborate with talent behind the scenes through a Virtual Green Room
- Reach the widest audience by publishing to every relevant channel
- Streamline content management with the ability to record, store, and access HD video in a secure, centralized cloud-based recordings library — all automatically uploaded at the time of recording
- Create snackable video clips to share in marketing, sales, and training programs and more so you can extend the life and value of your content
Learn how we can help you get started with your digital entertainment programming today.