If we learned nothing during the pause of in-person events, it’s that the model is restrictive. Remote or hybrid events and conferences drastically increased the number of people who can be “in attendance.”
While they may not have been in vogue before 2020, hybrid events are here to stay. Even after returning to in-person events, organizers now recognize the importance of serving a global audience and providing an excellent experience for everyone who isn’t in the room.
Hybrid events come in all shapes and sizes, from high-end and large-scale to informal and intimate. Whether it’s a trade show, conference, job fair, or fireside chat, a hybrid event can offer the best of both worlds if done well. Let’s look at what makes hybrid events both useful and challenging — and how you can make them successful.
Why event organizers love hybrid events
It's easier to reach more people with hybrid events.
Organizers can offer more flexibility to accommodate attendees with different needs, whether it’s logistics and schedules or safety concerns about meeting in person. Because events that are broadcasted across the world are so flexible, they can allow you to reach a wider audience.
Audiences can also connect with that wider group of attendees, extending their networking opportunities. Additionally, going hybrid creates opportunities to include new speakers and content that might not be available for an in-person event at the date and time needed.
Why hybrid events are so challenging
However, hybrid events pose new challenges, including harmonizing between the two very different experiences. Your online and in-person attendees are likely to be in very different time zones, sometimes across the world. You may have a ticketing strategy to offset the cost of the physical space for the in-person event, but online events are more typically free.
Then there’s the logistics of the online component. Who is running the livestream, and how are you sending it out? Is it only a livestream, or can global audiences watch on demand? Are there ticketed sessions that are exclusive to in-person attendees and can online viewers purchase this premium content?
If you have sponsors, you’ll need to consider how you can help increase their exposure and opportunities both at the in-person event as well as online. You’ll also need to consider how best to encourage interaction between the two groups of attendees.
Make successful hybrid events with Socialive
With the right planning and platform to power it, hybrid events can be a powerful way to connect with your audiences in precisely the ways they want and expect. You don’t need extensive investments in studios, equipment, agencies, and talent to create successful hybrid events. Rolling out a professional-grade livestream can be simple and cost-effective.
Socialive’s end-to-end video creation platform powers enterprise companies to easily create, produce, and manage high-quality, branded, immersive experiences with their in-house teams:
- Create dynamic and engaging experiences that serve both in-person and online audiences with cloud video production, which includes preset layouts and run of show to mix and match live, recorded content, and screen share video with branded graphics to add a professional look and feel
- Record HD video content from anywhere ahead of the event — straight from your phone, tablet, or desktop browser — with Socialive’s remote recording capabilities to ensure the highest quality possible
- Streamline content management with the ability to securely record, store, and access HD video in a permissions-based recordings library — every recording or livestream is automatically uploaded
- Manage talent and the production behind the scenes during the event, share talking points, and switch between presenters, no matter where they are located, through a Virtual Green Room
- Create snackable content with quick self-guided or producer-led recordings ahead of the event to promote the entire conference or specific sessions — then clip out snackable videos from event sessions to share across channels and programs during and after the event
At Socialive, we believe that everyone, regardless of video expertise or skills, should be able to use video to easily communicate and collaborate with prospects, customers, partners, employees, investors, and more. Discover how we can help you create and produce hybrid events that truly inspire, inform, and engage your in-person and virtual audiences.