Too much of anything is rarely the best idea, and this is true of video conference calls, however useful they can be in empowering people to communicate and collaborate remotely. Thirty-eight percent of professionals in a recent study report experiencing video call fatigue (from Robert Half).
Whether your team is experiencing video call fatigue or you just want to make the best use of everyone’s time, it may be time to explore how powerful video can be when it is used to deliver short, pre-recorded messages, also known as personalized asynchronous video.
What is personalized asynchronous video?
Unlike other forms of asynchronous communications, such as email or chat messages, asynchronous videos put a human face on your communication. Typically friendly and brief, these videos can convey your message with the context and clarity that is sometimes missing from written communication. They can be shared and watched whenever, wherever - on your audience’s own time.
How to use personalized asynchronous video
Best of all, personalized asynchronous video is endlessly versatile. Here are just a few of the many ways you could use them:
- Explain an assignment to supplement your learning curriculum
- Deliver a small, consumable chunk of course content between classes
- Prepare a team for an upcoming meeting by explaining the agenda and any pre-work you’d like completed beforehand
- Celebrate a big win with your team
- Quickly and personally introduce yourself when a sales prospect has reached out to you for more information
- Do a drive-by with a co-worker you haven’t seen for weeks, because you’re all working remotely
- Send a quick follow-up after a meeting, outlining next steps
- Share a project status in between check-ins
- Explain a product feature or how to do something to a customer
- Explain a process to someone you’re onboarding
Not every communication requires a full-blown video conference call. When you start to think outside that box, you’re likely to uncover many more ways you might use personalized asynchronous videos.
How to make the most of personalized asynchronous video with Socialive
Personalized asynchronous video can elevate voices in your organization, humanizing communications and freeing everyone to watch them as they have time. With Socialive’s all-in-one enterprise video content creation platform, you can produce high-quality, branded, immersive customer panels with the team you already have:
- Capture HD video and audio content from anywhere — straight from your phone, tablet or desktop browser — with Socialive’s remote recording capabilities to ensure the highest quality possible
- Create a secure, shareable, centralized library of all your personalized asynchronous videos. Your content doesn’t have to live in your device, so you don’t have to worry about it eating up storage space or tracking it down.
- Enrich your message with cloud-based video production, including preset workflows to mix and match live, pre-recorded and screen share video with dynamic layouts and branded graphics
- Repurpose content in multiple ways with the ability to capture, store and access HD video in a secure, centralized cloud-based recordings library. No manual file transfer required
At Socialive, we believe that everyone, regardless of experience or skills, should be able to use video to easily communicate and collaborate with customers. Discover how we can help you personalized asynchronous videos that elevate your message.