Webinars, virtual trade shows, online conferences, virtual job fairs, fireside chats — all of these virtual events are ideal for companies to connect and engage with audiences of all kinds. Whether simulcasted live or available on demand, virtual events offer a perfect combination of reach, scale, versatility and cost of production.
And in the post-pandemic reality of remote and hybrid work models, companies expect that virtual events will remain a crucial part of their events strategy, with the global virtual events market size expected to expand 24% by 2028 (Grandview Research).
To maximize the full potential of your virtual events investment, consider the below best practices.
Remember that virtual events are about people. It’s easy to get distracted by the technological bells-and-whistles, or get sidetracked by technical glitches. But even though the event is virtual, there are real humans on the other side of your screen, and they really want to connect with you. Look for ways to include them, such as live Q&A sessions. Coach your presenters to develop an online presence that is personal and inviting.
If you think a virtual event is a one-hour webinar that pushes content in one direction, you may be missing the point. Fifty percent of event planners cite audience engagement as the biggest challenge to success (EventMB). Consider your audiences and what they most crave. How can you bring them interactive, immersive event experiences that delight and inspire them?
Doing more with less is a reality for most of us. To get the most from your virtual events, look for ways to streamline and automate. The more you can do with the team you already have, the better. This can also help ensure that everything you produce looks and feels consistent and represents your brand well. Repurpose your content whenever and wherever possible, pulling snackable clips from longer pieces, editing smaller pieces together into a deeper dive. The more you can do with what you produce, the more cost effective it is.
Virtual events have more power than you might think. Yes, absolutely, they can help meet marketing and sales targets. Look at your strategic business goals for the next year and consider whether there are any opportunities to use virtual events for even greater impact. How might virtual events increase engagement with the communities you do business in or with the stakeholders in your company?
How to maximize the impact of your virtual events using Socialive
Amplifying events by going virtual can increase your reach, elevate the experience for attendees and boost impact for your business. The good news is that you don’t need extensive investments in studios, equipment and talent. With Socialive’s all-in-one enterprise video content creation platform, you can produce high-quality, branded, immersive experiences with the team you already have:
- Create dynamic and engaging virtual events with cloud-based video production, including preset workflows to mix and match live, pre-recorded and screen share video with dynamic layouts and branded graphics to keep everything professional and consistently branded
- Capture HD video and audio content from anywhere — straight from your phone, tablet or desktop browser — with Socialive’s remote recording capabilities to ensure the highest quality possible
- Streamline content management with the ability to securely capture, store and access HD video in a cloud-based recordings library. No manual file transfer required
- Manage behind the scenes during the event, sharing talking points and collaborating with presenters through a virtual Green Room
- Repurpose content into snackable clips to share across channels and programs
At Socialive, we believe that everyone, regardless of experience or skills, should be able to use video to easily communicate and collaborate with prospects, customers, partners, employees, investors and more. Discover how we can help you produce virtual events that truly inspire, inform and engage.