When prospects are going through their final evaluations ahead of the purchase, customer case studies and testimonials are among the most relevant and influential pieces of content.
The vast majority, 73%, of B2B marketers ranked case studies as the best content for accelerating leads in the mid and late stages (Demand Generation Report).
Hearing customers share their stories in their own words about how your product or service brings them value and how it moves their business forward is far more interesting than almost anything we can say — and what they have to say can seal the deal. Take it from us, creating a dynamic, multimedia case study beats a PDF every time.
You work hard to create customer advocates and use their insights in all parts of your business — so don’t let those learnings go to waste. Here are four best practices to keep in mind to maximize every opportunity to share customer stories and how video brings the story to life.
Select your top-performing customers
Recruit customers who are your biggest fans. You’re looking for customers who can showcase your company and product or offering in the best light. They are already passionate advocates because your company provides immense value. People who are passionate and knowledgeable about a topic can tell a powerful, engaging story and shine in videos.
Show success metrics and numbers
Wherever possible, add numbers to the customer success story. It’s not enough to tell a nice story; your prospects want to see some results. Whether it is in framing the situation or challenge a customer faced or, ideally, in the impact your product or offering had on their business, numbers add context and credibility to your story. If possible, showcase those numbers visually in the video to emphasize their importance.
Add supporting characters
Every story has a hero as well as supporting characters who help the hero on their journey. Bring one or two of your customer’s supporting characters into the video story. It might be a partner, a sales engineer, or a customer success representative who helped the customer get things done faster and more successfully. These guest appearances add interest and increase credibility.
Retell your customer's story everywhere
Customer stories aren’t just for prospects. They can be shared on social media to increase brand awareness. They can also be of interest to business reporters and to investors who want to understand the impact your company has on customers. When creating your video customer success stories, consider opportunities to create snackable video clips and share them across other channels.
Maximize impact of video case studies and testimonials with Socialive
Video is the perfect way to share your most impactful customer success stories and testimonials. At Socialive, we’ve made it easy for anyone to create professional-quality video, so everyone on your team can work together to quickly make branded, immersive customer stories that inspire, inform and engage. Socialive’s end-to-end video creation platform powers the enterprise to:
- Create compelling and authentic customer success videos within an end-to-end video creation platform, allowing anyone to create in a seamless, user-friendly workflow: just record, edit, and then publish
- Record HD video content from anywhere — straight from your phone, tablet or desktop browser —with Socialive’s remote recording capabilities to ensure the highest quality content possible
- Streamline content management with the ability to securely capture, store and access HD video in your cloud-based recordings library — every recording is automatically uploaded
- Interact with employees through live question-and-answer sessions
- Collaborate with talent behind the scenes during a recording session, asking questions, sharing talking points, and providing other direction through a Virtual Green Room
- Create snackable video clips from the final video to share across brand and marketing programs and promote the case study
Your customers have fantastic stories to share about your company and their experiences with your products or offerings.
Of course, don't just take our word for it. Check out our library of case studies to see how we've told the stories of our own customers — all created in Socialive.
The marketer’s guide to driving business with video marketing
We surveyed more than 200 enterprise marketers to uncover how they leverage video — and what challenges they’re facing. Our e-book combines those findings with current video trends to show how video marketing drives business.