A product demo is a stellar way to communicate your product’s unique value — and a professional video helps to connect and communicate with your audience. Why? Seventy-two percent of customers say they actually prefer to learn about a product or service from a product video. And product videos can increase conversions, too.
What is a product demo video?
Before they’re ready to buy, most customers want a clear picture of what a product really looks like and, more importantly, what it can do for them. How will that shirt really look on a live person who is moving and sitting? How can I use that app to find the best service provider and quickly schedule an appointment? How easy is it really to set up that four-person tent in the middle of the night with no instructions? What does that new feature do for me that I should care about?
Since the human brain processes visual information most efficiently, product demo videos help answer these questions in a more engaging and realistic way than you can with pictures or text descriptions. Product demo videos are typically short, educational videos that explain what the product is. You may also incorporate them into your digital marketing strategy to encourage further interest and conversion.
How to use product demo videos
There are several creative ways you can use product demo videos. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Promote a shoppable video that allows viewers to click on the products they see in it, so they can learn more about it and buy it. This can be a powerful addition to your e-commerce strategy.
- Livecast your product launch or new feature introduction. Create buzz with a live video of your product launch and simulcast it to your web and social channels.
- Publish a recorded product launch video to your social media channels. Storyboard a pre-recorded product launch video to highlight key features, and use it to amplify your launch message.
- Demo your product in action. Record a short, engaging demo of your product designed for users to easily share in their social channels.
- Target your customers with a customer training video that quickly shows them a useful tip they might not have known about.
- Share an explainer video that breaks down how your product works, highlighting one or a handful of key use cases.
- Create a myth busting video. If there’s a common misperception about your product or a feature of your product, or even how your product compares to a competitor, create a short mythbusing video to clarify the story.
Video is a highly flexible platform for showcasing your product in as many ways as you can think of.
How product demo videos can help turn prospects into buyers with Socialive
Product demo videos may be one of the fastest ways you can transform a prospect into a buyer. At Socialive, we’ve democratized the production of studio-quality video, empowering everyone from video producers to marketing staff to easily produce branded, immersive experiences that inspire, inform and engage viewers — and convert them into buyers and lifelong fans. Socialive’s all-in-one enterprise video content creation platform lets you:
- Capture HD video and audio content from anywhere — straight from your phone, tablet or desktop browser — with Socialive’s remote recording capabilities ensuring the highest quality content possible
- Create dynamic and engaging product content with cloud-based video production, including preset workflows to mix and match live, pre-recorded and screen share video with dynamic layouts and branded graphics
- Manage and collaborate behind the scenes with presenters and other talent through a virtual Green Room
- Reach the widest audience for your product by broadcasting simultaneously to multiple channels
- Streamline content management with the ability to capture, store and access HD video in a secure, centralized cloud-based recordings library — with no manual file transfer required
- Host content live on your site to drive traffic and maximize your product marketing
- Repurpose content in multiple ways to share in marketing, sales and training programs and more so you can extend the life and value of your content
Learn how we can help you get started with your product videos today.