What is Socialive?
Socialive is a video creation and live streaming platform for business. You can capture video from contributors around the world, produce high-end live and video on demand content, and broadcast video across all of your channels — social media, internal and event platforms, and your own website.
How is Socialive different?
Socialive is an enterprise solution that offers the ease of video conferencing, and the production value of a TV-style broadcast. Using the team and equipment you already have, Socialive makes the video creation and live streaming process easy from start to finish. In one secure platform, you can capture video, produce content and broadcast it to your audience. In addition, Socialive offers an agency-style, strategic customer success team to ensure that you continually maximize the platform’s value.
How are teams using Socialive?
We empower teams across the enterprise to capture, produce, and broadcast video to social media, internal and event platforms, and their own website.
- Marketing: Create branded video and distribute it live or on demand to grow awareness, drive action — and everything in between.
- Virtual Events and Webinars: Produce professional, TV-style video content that brings your digital event to life.
- Internal Communications: Content that resonates with your customers also resonates with your employees. Easily create modern, authentic video for internal comms and bring your team closer together.
- Learning & Development: Revitalize learning & development through modern content. From training to onboarding to continuing education, create branded, authentic video that inspires employees.
- Executive communications: Elevate leaders to the next level of visibility through town halls and interviews.
- Recruitment: Make your company appear even more compelling in a competitive workforce through virtual events such as info sessions and career fairs
- Commerce: Engage shoppers, create urgency, and drive transactions in the moment with live promotions and on-screen calls to action.
How much is Socialive?
We tailor a solution to fit your needs. Our pricing is based on number of users, contributors, distribution channels, video storage, and Customer Success tier. For a quote, please get in touch.
How do I get started with Socialive?
To get started, all you need is a computer with a camera and microphone. You can sign up for a demo here. Our dedicated Customer Success team will onboard and train you.
Do I need to install any software?
Do I need an encoder?
There's no need for a separate software or hardware encoder. Socialive takes care of it. However, if your team wants to use a separate encoder, they can.
What channels can I broadcast to?
With Socialive, you can broadcast to:
- Social Media: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, Periscope
- Virtual Event and Webinar: ON24, GlobalMeet, Kollective, Hopin, Intrado, Swoogo, Cvent, Eventmobi
- Enterprise Video: Pigeonhole Live, Kaltura, Vbrick, JW Player, Maestro, Splash, Brightcove
- Team Collaboration: Bizzabo,Workplace from Facebook, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Stream, BrightTALK
- Ecommerce: Amazon Live, Shopify ...and more!
Can I broadcast to Instagram Live?
Instagram does not currently support live streaming outside its own mobile application. Once Instagram offers official live video support, it will be added as a distribution option within Socialive.
However, you can stream to Instagram Live through an unsanctioned third-party application like Yellowduck.tv.
Can I broadcast to my own website?
With Socialive Players, you can embed live broadcasts on your website or blog in minutes. Learn more.
Can I broadcast to more than one platform at a time?
There is no limit to the number of platforms you can broadcast to. You can broadcast to multiple pages within a single platform, or across multiple platforms.
Do I need any special equipment?
Most computers with a camera and microphone should work just fine. For the best experience possible, check out our article on recommended cameras, tripods, microphones and audio gear that fit any budget.
What cameras can I use?
You can use any camera from your iPhone to a webcam to a cinematic camera.
Are my broadcasts recorded?
Yes, all broadcasts are recorded automatically, so you have an internal copy. All of the guest feeds are recorded as well.
To view and download your recordings, log into portal.socialive.us. Your completed broadcasts are located in the dashboard beneath the broadcast panel and can be downloaded by clicking on the thumbnail or title and navigating to the "export file" or "download" buttons in the upper right hand side of the screen.
You can also view your recordings directly within the Socialive mobile app in the “Videos” tab. Learn more.
Are guest feeds recorded?
Guest feeds are automatically recorded in the cloud, and a guest can record their own stream directly to their computer.Learn more.
How many guests can you host on screen?
A maximum of 10 people can join the greenroom. You can broadcast with up to six live guests on screen in a variety of layouts. Learn more about how to host guests for split-screen conversations.
Can I add graphics to my broadcast?
To enhance the viewing experience, you can add graphics such as title rolls and cards, lower-third name and topic cards, watermarks, calls to action and more. Learn how to upload and operate on-screen graphics.
Can people watch on Socialive?
No. Socialive is built to broadcast to third party platforms where your audience is. However, you can host video content on your own website with our embeddable Socialive Player.
Can I add users to my account?
Yes, it is a multi-user platform designed for enterprises with user roles and permissions. Users can hold one of three roles: Admin, Broadcaster/Member, and Guest. Learn more about managing account user roles.
How secure is the data in Socialive?
Socialive does not store any sensitive data. We utilize methods of strong encryption, both at rest and in transit. Our account structure allows Admins to set access permissions. Learn more about account user roles.
I’m having an issue. What should I do?