Actively engaging employees through learning, especially in remote and hybrid work models, can be well worth the investments you make. In one recent LinkedIn survey, 94% of employees reported they would stay at a company longer if it invested in their learning and development.
Although your employee learning and development program may already contain a mix of approaches, including instructor-led training (ITL), virtual ILT (vILT), self-paced, on demand and much more, one critical factor that might be missing is community. A downside of our ability to work from anywhere is that employee engagement is plummeting. Finding ways to incorporate community back into work can help counteract the disconnectedness and isolation many employees experience. In fact, LinkedIn has found that learning together powers employee engagement, fosters greater success at work for those that participate and creates a sense of belonging for all involved.
To incorporate community into your learning and development approach, make sure you are using video to its full potential. Video is an ideal medium for developing and distributing truly engaging, interactive learning for employees. Let’s look, for example, at how you might reimagine employee training and onboarding.
Powering employee training and learning with video
Whether you’re covering soft skills like managing teams or technical skills like deep-dive technical product overviews, video has something for everyone. With video, you can address different learning styles, whether visual, auditory or kinesthetic. You can combine live and pre-recorded content, providing both community time and self-paced content. You can provide on-demand access to content you recorded live, so learners can review as needed. You can bring in multiple presenters in a panel or Q&A live chat, to share different perspectives and get everyone involved. You can share screens, presentations and other supplemental content, or ditch the presentation format and engage directly. You gain a great deal of flexibility to meet the needs of your learners and you can do it all with minimum disruption.
Boosting employee onboarding success with video
Much more than an employee orientation that lasts a week or two, companies that are most successful at improving employee engagement and retention invest in employee onboarding. Successful onboarding involves four key areas, according to Dr. Talya Bauer and the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) Foundation):
- Compliance, covering a company’s policies and processes
- Clarification, covering an employee’s role and responsibilities
- Culture, explaining the company’s values and norms
- Connection, helping a new employee create relationships and a sense of community
Video’s versatility makes it a critical component of a strategic onboarding program. You can use video to deliver live and pre-recorded training, introduce leaders, share content and open lively Q&A sessions with domain experts and team members. As with employee training and learning, video can help you create immersive experiences for new employees that help them quickly learn how they can contribute and forge deeper engagement faster.
How to maximize employee training, learning and onboarding impact using Socialive
The most successful employee learning and development programs give employees relevant and engaging experiences that increase their desire to work for you long term. Video is the most versatile, affordable and effective way to create the immersive experiences employees need to feel connected.
At Socialive, we’ve made it easy for you and your team to work together to produce unique, engaging video content for employee training that inspires and informs. Socialive’s all-in-one enterprise video content creation platform lets you:
- Create compelling and authentic employee spotlight videos with cloud-based video production, mixing high-quality live and pre-recorded content with dynamic layouts and branded graphic content so everything looks professional and consistent
- Capture HD video and audio content from anywhere — straight from your phone, tablet or desktop browser. Socialive’s remote recording capabilities ensure the highest quality content possible
- Streamline content management with the ability to securely capture, store and access HD video in your cloud-based recordings library. No manual file transfer required
- Interact with employees through live question-and-answer sessions
- Collaborate behind the scenes with presenters, sharing talking points and other direction through a virtual Green Room
- Repurpose content into snackable clips to share on internal channels and even external channels in support of your learning and development programs
Video can transform your learning approach into a strategic advantage for your business, helping you attract, engage and keep the best talent in the market. Discover how we can help you get started today.