Digital communication is the backbone of dispersed work. But when you can’t physically interact with employees or customers, traditional digital comms like email, memos, or even messaging platforms are no longer enough. That’s why the vast majority of organizations have embraced video. In fact, 88% of enterprises we surveyed said they’re increasing video content output across departments this year.
But the dramatic increase in video creation has raised expectations. Viewers want more dynamic and engaging video experiences that go beyond a simple talking head on a Zoom call. Remote video production has emerged as a pivotal technology to address these challenges.
The growing middle tier of video creation
Remote video production is the process of remotely recording, producing, and distributing studio-quality video at scale. Because remote video production solutions like Socialive are powered by cloud technology, they’re easily accessible by all team members — whether they’re collaborating together onsite or from afar.
This accessibility, combined with Socialive’s intuitive drag-and-drop features and one-click integrations, has empowered more video content creators across the enterprise. These content creators occupy a growing middle tier of video production that embodies both high quality and ease of use.
High-end videos, like those outsourced to production studios, typically require a massive budget and long timeline. Low-end videos, on the other hand, can be quickly and cheaply recorded on virtual meeting platforms, but you’ll have to sacrifice quality. A cloud solution such as Socialive enables organizations to have the best of both worlds. Users can create videos that look like they were produced in a TV studio, without the physical studio — and all the complicated, costly hardware and software that comes with it.
Top 4 benefits of remote video production for enterprises
In addition to the ability to more easily create studio-quality videos with dispersed teams, remote video production provides several key benefits for enterprises:
1. Transform enterprise-wide communications
Video-first communication strategies are all the rage these days. But actually implementing them is easier said than done, especially when 95% of the video services professionals we surveyed said they’re at or over their work capacity. Socialive’s intuitive features empower departments across the organization to independently create their own videos. Reducing the strain on internal video services teams then frees them up to focus on highly technical projects where their expertise is needed most.
2. Amplify diverse voices
Historically, the people that organizations feature in video content has been limited by geography. Employees or customers who live in locations outside a central hub are often left out. Thanks to its cloud technology, Socialive can be accessed by anyone, anywhere, using the devices they already have on hand. As a result, organizations can feature more diverse voices across the globe. And our recordings library gives teams instant access to recorded videos in a secure, centralized location in the cloud, ensuring more visibility.
3. Boost engagement and reach
No matter what department you’re in, you need engagement from your audience, whether that’s your customers, prospects, social media communities, virtual event attendees, employees, or investors. Remote video production enables departments across the organization to move away from static, fatiguing video calls and start producing more compelling content. With simulcasting and one-click integrations, you can easily meet your audiences where they are. Distribute video across all your social, digital, conferencing, and event platforms with the click of a button.
4. Scale video content output and increase ROI
Remote video production allows teams to dramatically decrease their tech stacks. Many organizations rely on separate tools and technologies — which often require complex, manual processes to work together — to create content. Socialive’s unified solution, however, has everything you need to record, produce, distribute, and repurpose video, all from a single platform. Not only does an all-in-one platform cut down expenses, it streamlines processes, improving time to market and increasing overall content output.
How different departments use remote video production
Now that we’ve covered the benefits of remote video production, you might be wondering how different departments put it into practice. The good news: Every department can — and should — remotely produce videos to drive business value across the organization. Here’s how:
- Marketing: Fresh, on-brand video experiences help marketers connect with prospects and inspire customers to become evangelists. Use cases include product demos, case studies, how-to videos, virtual events, and so much more. (e-book: The marketer’s guide to cloud video production)
- Corporate communications: Authentic videos featuring real people help communications teams tell stories that connect more deeply with their internal and external audiences. Use cases include CEO fireside chats, employee spotlights, earnings calls and briefings, and corporate brand videos.
- Learning and enablement: More engaging training videos get your employees up to speed faster. Plus, remote recording enables employees to capture valuable learning content on the job, and quickly share it with the rest of the organization. L&E use cases include employee onboarding, upskilling, and customer training.
- PeopleOps: HR and recruiting teams leverage video to engage employees and attract top talent in a competitive marketplace. Use cases include showcasing a day in the life of an employee, amplifying diverse voices, and hosting virtual recruitment events. (e-book: Video-first solutions for the modern PeopleOps team)
- Video services: Internal creative teams can take advantage of remote video production to maintain quality while simplifying workflows to ultimately create more content — faster. These teams then have the bandwidth to help other departments achieve their goals while also making time for more advanced projects, like animation.
Socialive’s all-in-one video production platform
Powered by cloud technology, Socialive’s platform not only enables remote video production, but also the recording, distribution, and repurposing of video content. By unifying these processes in one platform, Socialive simplifies workflows, enabling teams to quickly scale studio-quality video. Reduced costs and time savings unlock company-wide use cases, like those listed above, to support overall business goals. Let’s take a closer look at how our platform works:
- Record: Crowdsourcing recorded content across the business multiplies video creation efforts while empowering more diverse voices throughout the organization.
- Remotely record 4K and HD video with the devices you use every day (a laptop, smartphone, or tablet) or a professional camera, if you have one on hand.
- Everyone in your organization can contribute up to 4K video from anywhere at any time via their desktop or the Socialive mobile app.
- Recorded videos are automatically transferred to your secure, centralized recordings library in the cloud.
- Recording a group? Collaborate with up to 20 people and direct the action from the Virtual Green Room.
- Our platform automatically captures both composites and ISOs, facilitating more efficient post-production and content repurposing.
- Produce: Socialive producers and directors can significantly cut down post-production work by creating a studio-quality video program directly from their browser.
- Easily pre-build a run of show by combining multiple presenter feeds into layouts and scene templates.
- Add customized images, overlays, video backgrounds, presentations and automatic name tags.
- Pre-record or broadcast live, plus blend pre-recorded and live content.
- Distribute: Socialive makes broadcasting live or publishing recorded video incredibly easy, so you can reach your audience — wherever they are.
- Live stream across social media channels and virtual events platforms, publish content on demand, or broadcast directly to internal tools like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Embed live or on-demand content directly on your website to capture more traffic, leads, and conversions.
- Encourage real-time audience engagement with Q&A, polls, reactions, and more.
- Repurpose: Your video should live on long after you’ve recorded the perfect take.
- Head to the cloud-based library to access all your broadcasts, recordings, and isolated feeds in one secure location.
- Easily clip snackable highlights for use in social media or other content.
- Leverage one-click integrations and upload content directly to video hosting, CMS, and file hosting platforms like Kaltura, Brightcove, Vbrick, Qumu, and Vimeo, or editors like Premiere via Frame.io
Socialive is the fastest and most cost-effective way to deliver studio-quality video at scale. But that’s not all. Our platform was built to meet the scale, flexibility, and security needs of the enterprise. We have best-in-class, always accessible customer support and robust onboarding. And we pride ourselves on our partnership approach by helping organizations uplevel their enterprise-wide video strategy. Schedule a demo and see for yourself.